There are many, many ways you can become involved with the Camp Beausite Experience.
Become a Donor Today!
If you would like to help Camp Beausite continue to provide quality camp experiences for persons with disabilities, please donate now. Donate Now
Since we are a residential facility for persons with disabilities, our operational expenses are wide and varied. The cost of operating a camp for individuals with disabilities is also substantially higher than that of other camps for several reasons:
- Approximately 85% of our campers require one-on-one counselor assistance to ensure a safe camping experience. Therefore, we must hire more counselors than a camp for persons without disabilities.
- Some of our campers require specialized equipment and special diets.
- Liability insurance comes at a higher premium for a camp providing services to individuals with disabilities.
- We must have a registered nurse on site 24/7.
- Several of our campers do not have the financial resources to attend camp. Every year we provide assistance to at least 10 of them, so they can participate.
With your help, we can continue to provide quality camp services to persons with disabilities for years to come. All contributions are greatly appreciated and make it possible for Camp Beausite NW to provide a wonderful camp experience for up to 80 campers each camp season. They are also tax deductible. Each donor receives a letter from us, which they can file with their tax records, that acknowledges the amount of their contribution.
Ways you can get involved
All donations, regardless of size, are greatly appreciated and are spent to assist with the operational and program expenses of camp, unless the donor requests the donation be restricted to a specific purpose. If you are employed, check with your employer. Many businesses and corporations will actually match donations make to non-profits. Make an individual donation today. Donate Now
Organizations/Business Community Donations
Organizations and community businesses can contribute to camp either through financial donations or in-kind services, products, and/or materials. See our Wish List. Wish List.
If your organization would like to help Camp Beausite continue to provide quality camp experiences for persons with disabilities, please donate now. Donate Now
Individuals, groups, and organizations can develop and implement various types of fundraising events. Many of our supporters (individuals, groups, and organizations) develop and implement various types of fundraising events each year and name Camp Beasuite NW as the recipient of the funds. Ideas include silent auctions; dinners; golf tournaments; garage sales; sponsored walks; runs and bicycle tours; and raffles. Put your creativity to work and see what kind of ideas you can come up with.
Since we are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit, all items purchased at these events are tax deductible. For information regarding the tax credit, contact the Camp Director.
Some of our potential campers do not have the financial means to pay for camp. To meet this need, Camp Beausite provides limited financial assistance to qualifying individuals. Those, who apply for financial assistance, are required to fill out a financial assistance request that requires them to demonstrate financial need and the amount they can contribute toward the total cost. Each year we have at least 10 applicants, who request assistance. The funding for financial assistance is provided through fund raising activities and donations for Camperships. YOU too can contribute to a “Campership” and help make a dream come true.
Leave a Legacy/Honor a Loved One
Honor a loved one by making a donation in their name to Camp Beausite NW. Think beyond your lifespan in doing good works. Leave a legacy by remembering Camp Beaustie NW and those we serve in your will or estate plan. Learn the many ways you can become a legacy partner.
Give to Camp Beausite while you shop through iGive
With iGive up to 26% of each of your online purchases can be donated to Camp Beausite NW.
Start iGiving in 3 easy steps:
- Join iGive.com for FREE
- Shop online at any of the 800+ stores in the iGive network. You’ll see all your favorites, including Amazon.com, Best Buy, Staples, eBay, and Pottery Barn!
- Camp Beausite NW receives a check for up to 26% of each purchase!
It’s FREE, it’s EASY, and every purchase you make generates a DONATION to Camp Beausite NW. http://www.iGive.com/joinlink
Volunteers are vital to our camp operation and assist in multiple ways, including:
- Swimming at the Port Townsend Pool
- Backcountry Horsemen and their trained volunteers in horseback riding activities
- Fishing trips: baiting hooks, netting and cleaning fish
- Field trips to Port Townsend
- Arts & Crafts projects, nature walks, campfire activities
- Carnival Day Games and Activities
- Night time entertainment – musicians, magicians, clowns, talent shows
- Food service, laundry, facilities maintenance
- Setting up and breaking down camp
- Fund raising events
No experience, other than a big heart, is required. Just fill out a brief Volunteer Application and Background Check form. Some volunteer positions will require a Washington State Background check.
Thank you fof supporting Camp Beausite! Donate Now