WELCOME TO CAMP BEAUSITE NORTHWEST!
In just the last few years, we have been blessed with the funding to create and build this incredible facility. We started with our bathhouse which was completed in 2015 and then moved on to the bunkhouses which were completed in 2017. Finally, our lodge and commercial kitchen went through a huge remodel and were just completed in May of 2019. We are incredibly excited to share with you all that has been accomplished and completed here at Camp Beausite Northwest! None of which could have been possible without the incredible determination of our Board of Directors, Staff, Volunteers, Donors, and our incredible Families & Campers.
CBNW is always learning and growing and we welcome any feedback to help us be our best. Please feel free to reach out to any of our staff and let them know how we can make your stay even more enjoyable.
Thank you so much for being a part of our family here at Camp Beausite Northwest and we hope you enjoy your stay!
The information on this page is to help our renters understand how the camp operates and what is expected of those who rent from us. Because we are a camp (not a resort!) we need our renters to help us keep our expenses down by pitching in and helping with this process. Thank you … you have our gratitude.
When it’s time to complete the rental process, you will be provided with print-outs of everything on this page.
COVID-19 GROUP RENTAL PROTOCOLS
Addendum to Rental Policy Use Agreement & Contract
To mitigate the risk of COVID-19 exposure, Camp Beausite Northwest is requiring the following protocols to be followed by all rental groups while on site:
- User will screen all participants for symptoms of COVID-19 and exposure to COVID-19 prior to the event. Rental group will ensure that no participants who have been exposed to COVID-19 within 7 days of the event or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 are permitted to enter the facility or access the premises.
- Symptoms may include: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell
- User will enforce social distancing practices. Social distancing is not required to be maintained between members of the same household.
- Users will ensure that all participants are recommended to wear masks or other appropriate face coverings during staff-led programs, when congregating in common areas or indoor facilities, and when socializing with others who do not reside within their household.
- Users will ensure that all participants wash or otherwise sanitize their hands before and after participating in any programs.
- Food Service: Eating must be done with social distancing in practice. Prepared boxed-style food or individually packaged meals/snacks are suggested.
- In the event that an individual in the group presents with symptoms, User will arrange for quick isolation of the individual and arrange for their exit from the program; initiate contact tracing; and notify Camp Beausite Northwest staff.
User hereby agrees to and acknowledges the following:
- User is responsible and liable for the behavior of all participants.
- User will ensure that all participants observe and act in accordance with all applicable regulations, protocols, and procedures set forth by Camp Beausite Northwest in addition to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- User agrees to INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS Camp Beausite Northwest from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages or costs, including court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees that it may incur in relation to any claims, suits, demands, or causes of action related to any exposure to or infection with COVID-19 alleged to have occurred during Users and all participants’ use of Camp Beausite Northwest facilities and premises, whether alleged to have been caused by the negligence of Camp Beausite Northwest or otherwise.
- User expressly agrees that Camp Beausite Northwest is not liable to User, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, invitees and participants for any damages alleged to have been caused by the exposure to or infection with COVID-19 while using Camp Beausite Northwest facilities or premises or while participating in Camp Beausite Northwest programs, whether alleged to have been caused by the negligence of Camp Beausite Northwest or otherwise.
Camp Beausite Northwest agrees to fully transfer or refund all deposits and payments in the event of county- or state-mandated cancellations due to COVID.
FACILITY RULES & INFORMATION
Thank you so much for following our rules here at Camp Beausite! These are for everyone’s safety and we hope you understand all the reasons. If you have any questions – please feel free to ask.
- Please do not park in the area in front of the lodge. This is for loading and unloading purposes only. We need to keep the area clear for emergency vehicles.
- Pets are not allowed, unless they are service dogs with prior approval.
- Smokers, please smoke in the parking lot and dispose of your EXTINGUISHED butts in the dumpster.
- No alcohol allowed without prior approval and the proper permits.
- No hunting, fishing, or shooting on the property.
- Access to the lake is not allowed.
- Campfires: Please keep all campfires contained in the designated firepit.
- Please contact the local fire department for information on all burn ban requirements.
- Please ensure that your fires are put out COMPLETELY after every use.
- Please, no food in bunkhouses – we are in the wilderness & the rodents WILL come if this isn’t followed.
- Please do not explore further up the camp road or through the west trail. This leads to our caretakers’ home and is not an accessible part of camp.
- Sewer – We are on a sewer system, please communicate with your participants – DO NOT FLUSH ANYTHING besides toilet paper down the toilets.
- Playground below the lodge is OFF limits.
CAMP STAFF AND EMERGENCY CONTACTS
The lodge houses our administrative offices – you will see our staff in and out, we will do our best to respect your privacy. Our program director lives on site and is available for any emergencies.
For questions or emergencies please text (preferably) or call our program director, M Adrian, at (517) 897-1784 (call or text).
We have challenges here at Camp Beausite NW making great internet available to our rental groups. We have a system that does the trick, running between 6 and 10 Mbps. However, it can only serve 10 devices at a time. At the time of your rental you’ll be provided with the system name and password.
Welcome to our mostly-new commercial kitchen! We hope that you will find everything that you need to cook and provide for your group. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.
- The dishwasher is pre-loaded with detergent and rinse liquid.
- Turn the dishwasher on and give it time to heat up beyond 150 degrees.
- Rinse your dishes and load them on the washing trays.
- Load the tray into the dishwasher and close the door.
- Once the door is closed, press the WASH button.
- The wash cycle takes 2 minutes, be careful of the hot steam when you open the door.
- This is your fridge to utilize while you are here – please clean out all items from refrigerator upon your departure.
- The doors will lock closed for 15–30 seconds after you close them. If they are not opening, give it a moment and they will.
- This is your freezer to utilize as you need – these doors will lock as well. Give them a moment and they will open again.
- Make sure the door is shut – the thermostat light must come on, otherwise it isn’t shut properly and will not work. A little pull or push should get the thermostat light to turn on.
- Do not turn on the roast or steam features.
- To operate: Press blue power button, set temperature and timer.
- Cooks items in about half the time.
- Please utilize the cutting boards and do not cut anything on the counters.
- In case of a stove fire, we have a fire suppression system. On the wall by entrance to kitchen – pull the handle hard, evacuate the building, and call 911. Renters will be charged for refilling the system if used inappropriately.
- The pilot lights are lit, please do not turn them off.
We hope that you have enjoyed your stay! If you could help us out by completing the following tasks before your departure, we would be so grateful. Your check-out efforts help us keep our costs down for our rentals, as we do not have a cleaning service.
Thank you so much for helping us care for our beautiful camp home!
- Place all trash in the dumpster located in the parking lot
- Replace trash can liners (located in kitchen and in storage rooms in bunk houses)
- Walk around camp and do a trash pick up
- Sweep out the lodge and lodge bathrooms
- Wipe down tables in main lodge
- Wipe down tables in project room
- Remove all fitted sheets from beds and place on floor in laundry room downstairs
- Remove all food from refrigerator and dry storage
- Wipe down counters
- Wipe down appliances
- Rinse and wash all dishes
- Put all dishes away
- Sweep out kitchen
- Remove all fitted sheets from beds and place in a pile on floor in the bunkhouse
- Please DO NOT remove the zippered mattress covers
- Sweep out bunkhouses and bathrooms
- Sweep out bathhouse
Cleaning supplies located in kitchen and the back of the bathhouse, brooms in hallway of upstairs lodge